Saturday, January 31, 2009

Three weird green dolls


Update: I sold all three dolls at Empire.







I just finished these three weird green dolls to sell at the boutique for the Empire quilters guild show in Manhattan this March (3/21-22/2009). The main construction consists of fabric scraps wrapped around sections of drinking straws. I also knitted tubes, using a wheel loom, to fit over some of their limbs. Lengths range between 9 and 12 inches. Why green dolls? I was working on a quilt challenge with the following rule: Make a 3-D study in green where the focal point must rise at least one inch off the surface of the quilt. I thought some small green dolls would work. But, after making these three, I decided to let them hang on their own. I'll figure out something else for the challenge later.

No comments:

Post a Comment